Creating a swerve drive was an ambitious goal for a rookie FRC team, but we went above and beyond what we thought was possible! Our swerve modules have received a lot of attention on our Chief Delphi topic.
Facts about our Swerve:
- We run 2 motors per module for a total of 8 motors
- Each module weighs 6.53 pounds
- Gear ratio of 8.3:1
- They have a little over 360 degrees turn radius. This helps prevent breaking wires.
- 2 Neutrinos spent their entire 2012 build season designing it
- Designed in CAD
- Laser cut parts at Quality Manufacturing Corporation